Valois Citizens’ Association Swimming Pool Regulations
Please make sure that you and your children know and understand these rules.
- For your own safety, please notify the pool staff of any medical condition you may have (asthma, cardiac problems, allergies, etc.).
- The lifeguards are at the pool for our safety. Please obey them.
- When a lifeguard blows the whistle three times, this means “EMERGENCY.” Clear the pool immediately and wait for further instructions. One long whistle means “Clear the pool – end of swim periods or adult swim.” One short whistle means “See the lifeguard; you have broken a rule.”
- Walk at all times. No horseplay, fighting or towel flicking is permitted.
- Diving is not permitted in the shallow end of the pool. Ladders are for climbing out of the pool and are not to be used for diving.
- Non-swimmers must be accompanied in the water by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Lifejackets are permitted for any non-swimmer at any time. They are available upon request.
- Water wings, flotation bubbles, inflated toys, etc., are permitted only during Fun Swim.
- When the lifeguards hear thunder or see lightning, you will be asked to leave the pool immediately and remain well away from any water (including the showers) for at least 20 minutes. This is for your safety.
- In the event of a power failure, the pool may remain open for only 2 hours following the onset of the blackout. After 2 hours, the water quality may be questionable. Consequently, the pool will be required to close.
- Conduct that would jeopardize one’s own safety and/or the safety of others will not be tolerated. Individuals displaying this type of conduct may be asked to leave the pool area. Members are responsible for the conduct and safety of their families and guests.
- No person having an infectious disease, lesion or excessive sunburn is permitted in the water.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the pool gates.
- Food and drinks are permitted on the deck or grass area, not in the pool. Please dispose of garbage promptly and properly. Please note that glass containers are not permitted. No alcoholic beverages are permitted in the pool enclosure.
- Soccer cleats and in-line skates must not be worn within the pool enclosure.
- The pool staff and committee are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged articles. We do have a lost and found bin that will be cleaned out and emptied periodically.